Beauty guru Julie Lindh gives fast fixes for facial skin needing a quick boost
New York, NY Feb 13th, 2012
After a couple weeks of working long days at the office, skin can be left showing signs of dehydration and exhaustion. The cause of this is oftentimes brought on by stress, which in turn creates many immediate health problems, such as anxiety and sleeplessness. Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. (Source: Mayo Clinic). When dealing with an abundance of stress or a lack of sleep, facial skin can experience redness, discoloration, puffiness, breakouts and fine lines. These symptoms are the result of many weeks of undernourished or neglected skin. Luckily, a dull complexion can be revived, refreshed and rejuvenated using easy at-home techniques that will help to erase short-term damage.
1) Do a skin analysis. For those who have neglected proper skincare, or have strayed from their routine, a self-skincare analysis will help to determine what facial skin needs.
2) Create a plan. Determine specific steps for targeted treatment. Write down the current state of skin and the factors affecting it, and then identify the desired outcome.
3) Revitalize skin with hydration. For skin that has undergone excessive drying, either from natural environmental conditions or from lack of moisture, revitalize skin both internally and externally with intense hydration. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day to help skin maintain a supple appearance, and moisturize with daily sunscreen and lotion. For a quick vitamin boost, a thicker, heavier lotion like v-nutrient crème can help to revive skin.
4) Boost tired skin with a quick at-home facial mask. Combine common household ingredients yogurt, maple syrup and grapefruit to create a low-cost fix for a big night out, or an easy pick-me-up. Yogurt (with live cultures) contains alpha hydroxyl acids that help smooth skin and prevent fine lines, maple syrup acts as a natural moisturizer and grapefruit refreshes and energizes skin.
5) Wash and let breathe. Do a thorough face washing with warm water and go a day or a weekend without makeup to let pores breath. Though basic in nature, these actions will reward with your skin.