Why Your Diet is Making You Look Older
Your diet can have either a positive or negative effect on every aspect of your health, including your appearance. You can actually speed up your skin, teeth, and bones’ natural aging process simply by eating the wrong foods.
Here are ten foods that are making you look older:
- Coffee – Caffeine is a dehydrator that draws moisture from your skin leaving it looking tired and worn out. It can also make you look older than you are by staining your teeth.
- Alcohol – Alcohol is filled with sugar, plus it causes dehydration. Too much alcohol can cause redness, puffiness, wrinkles, and a reduction in collagen.
- Sodium – Salt dehydrates your body and your skin needs hydration to look fresh and vibrant.
- Processed Foods – There are so many chemicals and preservatives added to processed foods that your body is not capable of fully digesting. These foods lead to toxic buildup, which can quickly age your body internally and externally.
- Whole Wheat – Most people believe whole wheat is healthy, but it can actually make you look older. Whole wheat breads and muffins are higher in sugar than most carbohydrates which will age your body over time.
- Sugar – Excess sugar attaches itself to collagen which will cause wrinkles and makes your skin lose its natural resilience.
- Soda Pop – A can of cola is filled with caffeine, sodium, and sugar. That lethal combination will destroy your teeth, your physic, and your skin.
- Energy Drinks – These sugary drinks can erode the enamel on your teeth even more than soda pop.
- Saturated Fat – Saturated fat promotes inflammation that can lead to diabetes, obesity, and even heart disease. The damage it does on the inside will inevitably show on the outside.
- Trans Fat – Greasy trans-fat will clog your arteries and your pores, which can often lead to inflammation, acne, and blotchiness.
We can’t turn back the clock but it helps to have a secret weapon in the anti-aging war. Sticking to a diet filled with fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, and seeds are the best way to maintain your youthful appearance and for premature aging prevention.